Benefits Of Art In Learning 🏫
Children are visual, physical and auditory beings. They learn best when learning involves their senses. The more senses involved, the better the learning. Children involved in art tend to develop faster and better critical thinking and refined cognitive creative skills that are necessary to excel in academic and social settings.
At Othels Art Gallery & School of Art we know that art has a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of a child and that art will help strengthen their future career path, while equipping them with the necessary craftsmanship skills at their current age and as they continue to grow. Othels Art offers art lessons that teach children important and lifelong skills such as developing an informed perception; articulating vision; learning to solve problems and make sound decision; while building valuable self-confidence skills which allow them to see task through from start to finish.
Research shows that eighty percent of children are primarily visual- spatial and tactile learners. These children need to learn through seeing, touching, and doing in order to learn effectively. In this, art gives an avenue of which it provides a rich variety of those learning senses. With the teaching of art at Othels Art we have a strong passion to dramatically increase the artistic abilities that live within each child. Art is a gateway that leads to future job success, opening doors to long-term career paths.
Art lessons enable each child to think critically and become stronger learners across all content areas in school. Students who study art are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and three times more likely to be awarded for school attendance. Knowing that practicing in art can help develop many life-long skills and abilities that only art can teach is why we love what we do!
HIGHLIGHTS OF ART STRENGTHENING EDUCATION
– Provides a natural source of learning
– Provides attention to detail and focus
– Fine motor skills, such as handwriting, become more eloquently developed
– Attention to process, order, and completion
– Visual-spatial organization and visual discrimination skills are acquired
– Time-on-task and persistence/follow through
– Proven practice of patience, discipline, and manners
– Increased self-esteem and confidence
– Plays a central role in cognitive, motor, language, and social-emotional development
– Motivates and engages children in learning
– Improved concentration, self-expression, and risk-taking skills
– Promotes healthy relationships, and provides an excellent avenue for building competence
– Stimulates memory, facilitates understanding, and enhances symbolic communication
There are many types of art scholarships from drawing, painting, photography and design. Typically to get an art scholarship for a college you are required to submit an art portfolio, have letters of recommendations from your art teachers, and provide awards and placement certificates from art competitions and shows you have participated and placed in.
While almost every university offers art programs and degrees there are also art specific colleges in every major city across the nation. Listed below are just a few great art colleges.
Savannah College of Art and Design / Atlanta, GA
Art Institute of Atlanta / Atlanta, GA
Otis College of Art and Design / LosAngeles, CA
New York Academy of Art / New York, NY
Maryland Institute College of Art / Baltimore, MD
School of the Art Institute of Chicago / Chicago, IL
Corcoran College of Art and Design / Washington, DC
Columbus College of Art and Design / Columbus, OH